Wednesday, August 20, 2008

pictures of my apartment

France, evening

The door bell of my apartment doesn't work anymore. I mean, the main door bell, the one on the street. Maybe it will never be repaired, like other things in this place. But I am trying anyway to have a positive attitude for my apartment and make it nicer.

I actually think that if I would not need to be every day afraid of what it will stop to work next, I could really enjoy here. It looks nicer and nicer, happier and happier, even with the broken furnitures. I bought some nice things to put in there. It is small, I know, but it is ok for me. And also two people can live in there if someone comes to visit me, as in the past weeks. I took these pictures last night, this is why it is dark outside the window. This is my favorite corner...the Ikea futon sofa-chair is comfortable and this corner is cozy, with the red coffee table next to it and a nice light. Up to this point, these pictures are of the main room, so all those things are in the same living room. The bed is 120*2 mt. Not too large for two people, but comfortable for me. And the mattress was one of the few things I found here that was not broken or in a bad condition.

The entrance has a big mirror. This apartment was full of big mirrors, but I left only one of them in the main room, the others are hidden in other places. What should I do with so many mirrors? The kitchen is quite big and I don't need either such a big space to just make a salad for myself. But I have the washing machine in the kitchen and that is good (not that is in the kitchen, but that I have a washing machine). I had to buy a small oven, since the oven of the kitchen is broken (and of course, it is not going to be repaired). But the new oven is of the right size, it was not expensive, it is extremely clean and looks good. So, it is fine. I hope I can make cakes in there, since it is mostly the only thing I cook.

The last picture is of the bathroom, which has a small window (other good thing...not that is small, but that there is a window). Fortunately from this picture it is impossible to see the walls of the bathroom, since they are still peeling (even if my mom did a good job trying to improve the way it looks).

I just realized that there is a lot of red and blue in this place. I like it!
Now I am going to make something to eat (a salad???). I also got a freshly made (I think it was freshly defrosted, but good anyway) baguette.

A bientot

No comments: