Monday, August 18, 2008

Barcelona, the city of love

France, night

I just came back from a trip to Barcelona.

I thought that Paris was the universal city of love. I thought that a lot of people consider Venice romantic, maybe other cities too, but I never considered Barcelona as The city of love.

Everywhere walking around Barcelona you can just find people kissing, hugging, smooching, independently of their age. You feel you want to kiss or hug the first person that crosses your way (I resisted to this instinct, no interesting people crossed my way there). I saw teenagers kissing on the street, on the beach, in the metro, in a cafe, in a restaurant. I saw old people walking hand by hand on the street (I have to admit that I may be cheesy, but I like seeing old people walking hand by hand, I always wish I will be one of them one day (old for sure...I mean, walking hand by hand at old age and without necessarily changing boyfriend or husband every couple of years)). I saw people of my age walking around and then stopping just to kiss.

Nothing outside decency, but every time like if it was the most normal thing to do there.

What is of Barcelona so inspiring for love/affection signs?

No comments: