Saturday, May 24, 2008

a friend and sex and the city

Lucca (Italy), morning

Take my best friend, or at least the person I consider to be my best friend. Take that on saturday next week I will move to France for more than a year at least. Take that on friday there is the first of the movie of Sex and the City. Take also that my best friend and I are both addicted to that serial and looking forward to the movie. The obvious straightforward thing for me would have been to spend our friday evening together and go to watch the movie. Just me and her. Like a thing just for us before my departure. Instead, no. Her boyfriend said that he has to see the movie with her (which is not a problem at all, since they can go together another time and she could see the movie twice). Beside the fact that I don't think that Sex and the City is something that men can be crazy for since they don't come out very well in the serial, this is not actually my problem.
My problem starts when my best friend threatens me saying or you come with both of us to watch it or you go alone. I don't think I ask her too much and every time I tells her that I would like to do something with her since it would make me happy, he has always to come in the middle. When I asked her to spend my 30th birthday together, no, he had to make problems. The same for this time that I want to watch a movie just me and her. But I am not angry at him. I am disappointed at her, for which her boyfriend comes always before anything else. I guess I give a different value to friendship. If I know that I can do something to make someone who is important for me happy, I would try my best to do it. She could watch the movie twice, once with me and once with him. She could understand that it could be something I want to share just with her.
I guess I will go alone. As an Italian famous citation says "sometimes it is better to be alone, that in a bad company..."

No comments: