Saturday, May 17, 2008

are they going to marry?

Lucca (Italy), evening

I was in the car with my mum and she asked me what do I like so much of Sex and the City (she never saw it, not even a short fragment of a small episode). So, I told her that I like the friendship between the four girls above anything else. I enjoy the stories, their different life style, the fact that in something I can find myself. I just like it a lot. I am definitively addicted to it.

I had to make a sort of summary of what happened in all the six seasons to my mum, since she would like to see the movie, since now she is curious. Beside the fact that I am not sure if Big and Carrie will never marry, beside the fact that as long as they are happy together I don't think it changes so much if they marry or not (also marriage to Big doesn't seem to mean too much), I have to say that while I was telling her of all the troubles that Big and Carrie had till to finally get together again in the last episode of the last season (and Big being convinced of strongly wanting Carrie), I had a lump in my throat and a broken voice. The thing is that exactly when I lived in Amsterdam, where I started to watch Sex and the City for the first time, I also started to have problems with the olandesino. So, in some way I felt if my ups and downs with the olandesino were running in parallel with the ups and downs of Carrie and Big. And this even if I don't wear Manolo Blahnik shoes. Telling to my mum all the troubles that they had before to be happily together made me thinking about my own troubles again and about how many times I saw some episode of Sex and the City crying.

In any case, I am really looking forward to the movie and I hope to be able to watch it at least in Italian (I would have loved to watch it in English) at the end of May, since I don't think I could deal with this movie in French....

No comments: