Wednesday, January 16, 2008

N

Lucca (Italy), afternoon

Last night I saw a movie from Virzi' "N: Napoleon and me".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462002/

Beside the fact that I already liked the other movie that I saw from Virzi' ("Ovosodo"), beside that I am from Tuscany and whatever time he paints a character from Livorno it seems to me to see my neighbor and I like that, this movie is even more than that. I didn't want to watch it when it came out (2006) because I thought "mmm there is the Bellucci, another movie in which she plays the beauty and all the movie moves around that". Then, a few people told me that it was actually a good movie, with great actors and Daniel Auteuil is in there (he is Napoleon) and I absolutely love him (as an actor, of course). So, I got it in dvd. And I liked it. A lot. Elba and Portoferraio especially are beautiful, the dialogues are funny without any excess. Bellucci is more than the beauty around whom the movie is plaid. And the rest of the actors are incredibly good! Auteuil is a perfect Napoleon, dramatic and charming as much as he needed to be. Germano is a great main character. I would say that Germano is one of the young Italian actors I like most.

Good, good movie for a relaxing evening at home, while outside was raining.

No comments: