Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just like a teenager

Italy, evening

I feel that I am living now my second youth. Or something like that. More precisely, I am living my second teenager stage. I guess that because of my PhD and my lack of life in Germany I am feeling now like if I was still 25....The problem is that I am a bit older than that since I am 32. At this age, all my friends are married, or getting married, or thinking about getting married and all involved with kids. I am not even close to that. I am way far from that. I don't feel the getting old pressure, the biological clock pressure. Nothing. I can feel stressed for a lot of reasons, but not for that.
The first symptom of living an age regression was how easily and how much I get bored when someone of my friend starts to talk about kids/marriage. The second symptom was how strong is my desire to have fun, a lot of fun, and enjoy life (which still I am not doing that much). Nothing too wild, but also not being a zombie. The third sign that I may regress instead of moving forward in my behavioral age was when I saw the movie "N: Napoleon and me" of which I wrote a blog some days ago.
In that movie, Elio Germano plays a key role, being one of the main characters. Basically what happened is that after that movie, not only I started to appreciate him as an actor (I already though that he was a good actor in "Mio fratello e' figlio unico"), but I also started to notice him as a cute guy, until getting slightly obsessed by him. Ok, maybe obsessed is a big word, since I didn't start to put pictures of him on the wall of my room, but I have been looking for the other movies where he plays, I have been reading his bibliography and I have been looking for him on YouTube.....how would you call this?
If this is not a sign that my brain is regressing to the age of 20, I am not sure what it is then.

No comments: