Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Vecchiano and Marina di Pisa

Lucca (Italy), evening

I am taking it easy lately. It is already some day that I am almost not working and instead I am spending time outside (also thanks to the nice weather). I needed a break. I was just keeping being stressed about work as when I was in New Haven. Not the reason why I came here. And my family, even if not voluntarily, but often finishes to stress me (or better, I absorb easily their stresses).
Today even if there was some heavy rain, I decided to go to the beach of Vecchiano. I like there because it is near the San Rossore Park, so the whole area is pretty wild and natural. Fortunately when I got there, the rain stopped and I could walk on the beach without umbrella. That beach is always beautiful and in winter, with only a few people walking there, is even nicer. There were a lot of things washing out (a lot of shoes, maybe I can bring my sister there for shoes-shopping :-)) and I found a lot of Sepia eggs. To get there, I saw a bird of prey and a lot of herons. I have no idea which kind of herons they were.
After the Vecchiano beach I decided to go for an ice-cream to Marina di Pisa, still on the sea. All the time I was thinking about how much time I spent in the past years just working and getting stressed about work and how much I missed of the outside work. I like a simple life. I don't need too much, neither too expensive things, but I like to have a good quality of life. The man of the ice-cream shop in Marina di Pisa was nice, really friendly and I thought of how nice it would be to live close to a beach, to walk there in the morning before work or in the evening when you come there. In a place like Marina di Pisa, not fancy or anything, just a simple sea place.
I have to remember what I like and what it is important for me to enjoy life next time before to accept a job offer. I am getting more and more convinced that I did it right to not accept (for now at least) any job offer in Germany.
I have one life to live and there are too many nice things outside there to see.

No comments: