Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hiking with Vasco

Lucca (Italy), afternoon

I went hiking with Vasco today. I cannot explain why when we decide to go hiking, there is probably a meteorological karma that acts like it has always to be a bad weather, otherwise we cannot hike. So, today it was incredibly foggy (see below Vasco, I and the fog), but at least it was not raining.


It was a nice hike on the Monti Pisani. I realized that I am completely out of shape...or maybe I am just relaxing too much, because now I am deadly tired and I feel just like sitting on the couch reading a book or watching a movie from Verdone.
Anyway, it was nice and it was good to be outside, walking in the nature. Of course, when we got to the top, we found three jeeps with the engine on even if all the passengers were out of the cars. These people, who I would called using the Italian dialect word "coatti", tried hardly to ruin the nature atmosphere, also trowing stuff on the floor....before to get in a bad mood, Vasco and I decided to keep walking and stop to have lunch in another place (which was much nicer, Vasco below preparing his lunch sandwich).The only animals I saw were one bird (I have to admit it was a nice one, in Italian called pettirosso) and two worms...that's it...
Vasco told me that the view from there was quite spectacular, but of course due to the fog, I couldn't see anything. But I enjoyed anyway. Below another picture of the place where we had lunch (Vasco was falling :-)).

3 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

you look very cute in that hat Yle!!

Scott said...

Hey, I wish you took a picture of the bird. This is the european robin no? Erithacus rubecula. It is not related to our American Robin. I wish I could see it!!!!