Wednesday, January 23, 2008

my sister' eyes

Lucca (Italy), afternoon

This morning my sister got a laser surgery to her eyes. She lacks, or now I should say lacked 2.50 from each eye and she decided to get a surgery to get rid of needing glasses. Beside the fact that I think she looks good with glasses, so in terms of fashion she could have avoid the surgery, I also wouldn't have done it not even if they would pay me to do it. I am too afraid of anything concerning my eyes. I cannot even use the contact lens. Just seeing someone putting them in their eyes makes my stomach going upside down.
The surgery went well and now my sister is here at my mum's place, so that I can take care of her in case she needs something, since I am at home working. It looks like we are playing some kind of game since the whole house has to be in the dark since the light disturbs her. She also moves around with dark glasses. A kind of a "diva" sunglasses. So, the whole thing together seems quite funny, especially for me when I am trying to walk from one room to the other with no light. Are we going to have a romantic dinner tonight with candle light?
The only negative part of this thing is when my sister tells the story of the surgery to someone. She doesn't avoid to tell all the smaller bloodier particulars of the surgery...like before she said that during the surgery she smelled something like a burned chicken where her eyes were....and then she said that they had to scratch the lens of the eyes........bleahhhhhhhh...............just the thought of it makes me feel like I need to vomit...I don't think I would have the stomach to do that too. I am such a wimp.

No comments: