Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Eve

Italy, morning

After hours spent trying to clean my room, plus removing and trashing old stuff, now I am ready to start to work....and it is lunch time....however, since I had breakfast around 10.30, I guess I can wait to have lunch.

Cleaning up old stuff is always bitter-sweet...you always end up finding old pictures, old cards and memories keep coming to your mind. So, I found cards of my first boyfriend, my platonic love. Lots of cards....really sweet.

Uh. I just had to take a break to dance some old old '80 dance music...I am listening to old cds to decide what to do with them...I couldn't avoid dancing....This is part of the memories too, since there are often people or situations associate with songs ...Honestly, I am not sure what is related with this dance music, except maybe when I was going to dance almost every week, 3 days a week....and it was not even when I was working in the discotheque...ah, good time!!!!

So, about my new year's eve. Here a picture of the group (of course I was not there, I was taking the picture). In the picture, Chantal, Moreno, my mom, Roberto and in front Olimpia and Sandra.


The concert was really nice, it was classic music, opera, Italian '60-'70-'80 with everyone singing alone. This is a view of the old church were the concert was and of the orchestra.


It was something different than my previous new year's eve, but it was nice and the company good. I should go out with Olimpia and Sandra more often. They seem nice (it was the first time I saw them, they are friend of Chantal). Basically we stayed at the concert until 4 am. Then we came back here to my mum's place where everyone started to eat again. There was so much food, that my mom had to distribute it to everybody (including my grandma). I made a dutch apple pie for the occasion. My mom made a lot of food, like always (she is always afraid that there is not enough food for everyone or that the food is not good enough). While she was preparing some vegetable-balls, the plate with some of them decided to land on the floor of her kitchen.....I was in my room working and I heard a laud scream. I thought that something bad just happened, so I ran to the kitchen and this is what I saw (the green stuff on the floor were the vegetable-balls). Of course, I started to laugh....


....and of course the cats were really happy about the food on the floor....
At the end, I went to bed at 6 am yesterday....I enjoyed.

No comments: