Thursday, January 3, 2008

DVD

Lucca (Italy), morning

Last night. Cup of the and a cartoon. A nice one. "Spirited away" from Miyazaki.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

I already saw some of his other cartoons. Scott likes them and we watched some of them together. And I love cartoons. I am kind of a cartoons addicted. Anyway. I had all the intentions to enjoy this one. My mum was sitting next to me, curious to watch it (she is more into Walt Disney/Pixar cartoons).

Great cartoon, except for the fact that the DVD was scratched and I saw the second half of the movie all with the fast forward or fast reverse to avoid the scratches and the points where the DVD was not working. So, basically I saw a nice old lady and Chihiro calling her grandma, when in the previous scene the old lady was bad and Chihiro for sure wouldn't even dream of calling her grandma and hugging her. After going back and forth a couple of hundred times, I was able to reconstruct the whole story and understand that there were two old women and that they were twins....Of course, the DVD was badly scratched at the end, so I don't know how the cartoon ends....So, I spent about 3 hours and half to try to see this cartoon and at the end I didn't see the conclusion of the story....Which means, I will try to find the DVD again and watch it over....But it seems a nice cartoon.

No comments: