Sunday, December 27, 2009

the appendix

Italy, evening

I went running tonight. Not for too long, but I ran and it made me feel good, like always. So according to my "why not" list, I re-started to run...now I have to manage to keep doing that and to be able to run for an hour. The old Roman walls around my home town are perfect for picking up running again.

I am also proud of myself for my 48 full hours (if not more) without working, and happy that in the last two days I managed to sleep a lot, finally.....I hope to be able to keep doing this for the next days (but unfortunately I have a work deadline on the 4th of January) and then I will hopefully start the new year in a good shape.

I watched this movie the other day, my best friend's girl. The movie is a bit vulgar according to my taste, but the story is not bad...and it got me thinking about how bad-men make the not-so-perfect-men looking almost perfect.
I am not dating anyone (my heart is taken, even if I am alone) like in the movie, so it is not a direct experience, but I can see a lot of men around anyway and I can pay a lot of attention to the boyfriends/husbands of my friends, and.........the movie is right in this:

when you see a bad man, someone you wouldn't like to have as a boyfriend, someone who lacks of attentions and looks annoyed at his partner/wife, someone who behaves like being together is more of an habit than a pleasure and a joy, someone who is in a couple because "at a certain age you have to get married and have kids", or someone who thinks that being alone is like a pest and it is better to be with anyone than alone, when I see these bad-men, the not-so-perfect-men look much much better and more wonderful that they were before.....like if bad-men would have the capacity to cancel the negative aspects of the not-so-perfect-men.

All these bad-men make me think: a) better to be alone than with someone like any of them, b) why do men (especially Italian men) behave often like their girlfriends/wives are a replacement of their mothers?, and most important
c) when I complain about a boyfriend making me feel more like an appendix in his life than a special, unique, irreplaceable person for him, am I asking too much considering the kind of men that I see around or is it mine a legitimate expectation????

No comments: