Saturday, December 12, 2009

The end of the game

France, morning

I forgot to say that they killed me....In the office...and the whole thing was really funny. I actually enjoyed being killed.

The guys (the other team) found out where I work, called the office to make sure that I was there, and then waited for me to send a post on the game list to know that I was sitting in front of the computer.

Then they came to the office and they splashed me....but the most funny part of it, funny at least for me, is that they made a mistake first and they splashed someone else, with quite some water...so when they got to me, there was not too much left over...The day after I got killed, a friend of mine wrote me an email saying: I think I got the water that was for you". Apparently, this guy who never saw me before, thought that she was me. He even asked her if she was me and she said no....but he didn't believe her....so, he splashed her.....I am not sure if she wants to hang around with me anymore :-), especially if I would play this game again.....

Yesterday (to celebrate the end of the game? to celebrate Christmas getting closer? for no reason?), I invited a few people to my place and I made a few cakes. I hate cooking, but I love making cookies and cakes and in general sweet things. I made a very good tiramisu'....of course, I couldn't try it, because I can't have milk products, but the others liked it a lot. So I thought of leaving my tiramisu' recipe here....I wanted to make an upgrade version with the chocolate, but I forgot the chocolate melting on the stove...and it burned....

I realized something....getting older means that if you go to bed at 2am, in the morning you look (or at least I look) like a truck drove over me a couple of times....

I will call my tiramisu', Tuscan Tiramisu':
-500 gr Mascarpone (which is an Italian creamy cheese)
-4 eggs
-5 full large spoons of sugar
-coffee
-Pavesini (the pavesini are the best cookies to make tiramisu', but the lady fingers would do too)

Mix in one bowl the mascarpone with the sugar, and the yolk of the four eggs. Mix it till you get a creamy product.
In another bowl mix the egg white of 3 eggs till you have a consistent white product (how do you call this in English? In Italian we say: montare le chiare a neve"). Throw the egg white of the 4th egg. Mix this compound to the creamy product.

Prepare the coffee, put it on a soup plate, and add a tea spoon of sugar to it.
Pass each cookie quickly in the coffee. Let the cookie absorb the coffee, but don't let it soak in the coffee. Pass one cookie in the coffee and put it in the container, another cookie in the coffee and then in the container. Use a large container, like the ones for the oven, and start filling it with one layer of cookies, then one layer of the compound (creamy+egg white), then cookies again, then the compound again, till you have about 2-3 layers (more, it gets too heavy). End up covering it with some chocolate powder.

I hope that my explanation is clear enough....
Enjoy it and let me know if it came out well!!!

No comments: