Tuesday, December 15, 2009

King of California

France, night

When I got the movie "sunshine cleaning" the other day (a movie that I liked a lot), the guy at the dvd store suggested me to watch "King of California". I was not too convinced, but then tonight I felt for a movie and I thought, why not?

This movie is more than nice. It is sweet and warm, without being too much in any sense. It is not just a comedy. It is a movie that touched me. It is about dreaming, even when it seems silly. It is about believing in someone and something. It is not a pretentious movie, with unbelievable characters. Yes, the characters are weird, but along the movie you get the chance to became affectionate to them. It is a movie that made me feel wanting to hug Michael Douglas at the end. And he is great in his acting here!!!!

I love the parallel of how the places and people look like in the historical diary and in current times in the movie...

I don't think that everyone would like it. It is not a typical comedy, it is not a fast catchy movie where a lot happens. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone in my family for example. But I really got attached to the characters (I know, it sounds weird).....

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

I will have to see it!

fromtheworld said...

Let me know if you like it. It is a weird movie, but I really enjoyed watching it.