Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after Christmas

Italy, afternoon

I survived to the Christmas frenzy. Not only I survived to that, but except for getting quite sick yesterday after lunch and for a couple of bad answers received, I didn't experience any big drama. So, after all, it was not too bad.

And I love the tradition of the Christmas tree, the unpacking of the presents all together (my mom, my sister and I, and this year also my sister's husband), and to go to a movie theater with my mom. It would be my ideal way of spending Christmas eve, but since in the last year, the evening of the 25 of December is still considered a family gathering to be spent in Florence, the movie evening is postponed to the 26. Which means, tonight. Which means, I am very happy about that and looking forward to that. Fortunately, there is a nice cartoon that I would really like to see, The princess and the frog. I heard that it is very nice.

....and I managed to stay more than 24 hours without working at all...A record for this year I would say!!!

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and took a break from work! I'm so happy for you.

fromtheworld said...

I really needed a break from work and a lot of sleep. I got to this month is a not too good physical and mental shape. I was craving for a break!!!