Friday, December 4, 2009

The right attitude

France, night

I am convinced that you need the right attitude for anything in life you want to achieve. If you want to kill someone, you have to feel like a hunter, wait for your pray patiently and then attack at the right time and the right moment.

And if you have to write, I believe that you need these special ingredients: good music that would inspire you (I can't find any inspiring music tonight....no matter how much I want to get into the right attitude), right environment (right light [not too bright, not too dim], comfortable place to write [not too comfortable otherwise there is always the risk to fall asleep]), a good cup of tea [or coffee in case you really need help to keep your eyes open], and comfortable clothes.

My comfortable house clothes are, according to all the people who had the chance to see me in those clothes, very awful. Very warm and comfortable, but apparently also very ugly (ok, but nothing even close to this orange dress of the picture). I wonder if I would live with someone one day (and I don't mean just a friend), how I could avoid after a while to slip back into my comfortable extra-large shapeless poncho, my large shapeless training suite pants, my tick socks, and my sleepers.....I think that this will be the real test to see if the person loves me. If he can stand this and still desire to kiss me and touch me, then it has to be true love.

Anyway, I am getting out of the track. The point is, I have everything tonight. The right environment, the right clothes, the tea, I am surrounded by books to help me writing, I may even have found the right tunes to have as a background to write, and????

Nothing...no motivation and no inspiration (and I don't mean to write this blog. I mean to write something for work, which in my mind had to be done by tomorrow).....I even missed a party to stay in and write this thing....

I wonder how the writers cope with the lack of inspiration.....maybe they never lack inspiration....

No comments: