Saturday, November 28, 2009

why not?

France, afternoon

I had a week of traveling across western Europe, so I had a lot of time to read. In Amsterdam, at the American book store, I bought the November issue of Self, an American magazine that I like (even if I prefer Shape) and that always cheers me up and makes me feel I want to move and exercise more.

There was an article in the issue of Self that I bought about making a "why not?" list of all the things that we would like to do and we always postpone for whatever reason....
Here my list of "why not?"
How long will take me to cross out all these things?

1) Find a course of street dance and learn some moves

2) Learn Dutch (I always start some self-teaching course and never manage to keep going)

3) Get out of the comfortable zone of the few people I know here and meet more people

4) Stress less and force myself to meditate (I need to find a class on how to meditate first)

5) Take a singing course (I can't carry tunes, so this is a real challenge...but I love singing)

6) Learn how to play the saxophone

7) Re-start running and get able to run for an hour again

Anyone who wants to make a "why not" list too so that we can motivate each others???

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

I think I will make a list too for my blog!

I have always wanted to go to Amsterdam! Lucky girl.
I hear it is beautiful...

fromtheworld said...

I think that Amsterdam is the most beautiful place to live. I enjoyed so much living there. It is a small big city, really easy to live and enjoy it!!! I think you should put in your why not? list to visit Amsterdam!!!