Monday, April 6, 2009

The real me

USA, night

I spent the day relaxing. I did work a bit this morning. I actually managed to finish something that was bothering me since long time, but mainly, I relaxed. I walked a lot, I sat in a cafe' reading a book and drinking a soy latte, I came back to my room and I spent more time sitting in the sun (on the balcony of my room) reading.

I feel that this stay in San Francisco will benefit me probably more in terms of mental health and recovering myself than in terms of work. Not because my work here is not going in the right direction. Work is going the way it should be, hopefully. But because I am really slowing down. After the first two crazy weeks here , and I was totally out of myself because of stress, now in some way, I am recovering. Fortunately. For sure, this amazing weather helps. But together with this, I am basically without cellphone, so none calls me. I am the master of my own time, where I work, it closes around 5pm and by 6pm I am out of there. I walk a lot, I think a lot, I am just with myself. Why all this didn't happen before, while I was in France or even before when I was in Italy, I don't know. Maybe, it was just not the right time.

I feel I am pulling the pieces of myself together. Of course, I still have some very bad day. Some day in which I am down and negative. Some day in which it doesn't matter how beautiful is the weather outside, I just want to hide in bed. But in general, I think I am slowly realizing that I have been very down, very depressed in the last two years because of a together of different causes and now I start to climb up again and learning how to be the real me again.

At work, everyone is surprised because I make smiling also people who normally never smiled at work before. It is good! :-)
I also got some colorful nail polish...it is not really easy to see it from this picture...but I have a bright green on my finger nails and a bright yellow of my toe nails. The yellow looks better! I love it! By the way...the person who gave me the nail polish on my toe nails told me that I have beautiful toe nails!!! I was so proud of my feet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are looking up--and the weather hasn't been too bad either lately in the Bay Area. :)

Sometimes a change of scenery can do amazing things for our mental health. It doesn't take them completely away, like you say, but it takes us out of our normal elements that we grow so accustomed to.

:)

fromtheworld said...

It is since January that I keep thinking I should take some time off, just for myself, away from everything I am used to. And I always postponed. Something more urgent came across, work, etc. Now, I can say I am really happy about having to take this working trip!
It is supposed to rain in the next three days unfortunately :-(