Sunday, February 28, 2010

The best losing weight solution.....

France, evening

I gained some weight when I was in Italy. Of course, my mom cooks so well and she also tries to prepare all the things that I like most when I am there, that gaining weight was fairly easy.

I wanted to lose those 1 or 2 kilos that I took in Italy, but my plan was to get rid of those kilos by exercising more. Thing this that has always worked very well for me. Instead, it seems that I lost them in a much quicker way without needing to exercise at all.

How did I do that? I got an intestinal infection or food intoxication. I still don't know exactly what it was. I just know that the result was that I got so sick, that not only I couldn't hold any food inside me, but I also barely ate for a few days. I just introduced bread and potatoes back on my diet yesterday (woooooo!!!!! party!!!!)....

Now, my jeans fits much better and I guess I lost those additional kilos already.....

So, if you have trouble losing some last kilos, just get a very nasty intestinal bug and you will be happy with the result. I tested it. It works well..........

Of course, I am kidding. It is not really an advice to follow if you want to lose weight....I was actually so frustrated for the past days in which I felt like a shadow of myself that today to balance the deprivation of the past days I ate a lot of bread with half jar of jam........very smart of me.....of course, my body was not used to so much food all at once....I don't think that I need to explain in detail how it reacted.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh the same thing happened to me. i was so drained and 'slim.' i was so happy to be able to eat again as i love to eat.

so glad you are feeling better... take it easy:)

i had lunch with my roman friend at an italian restaurant last week. i had for the first time lasagna with a cream sauce. i didn't know this existed. i've seen it with a red sauce before but not cream. i just thought of it because you mentioned your mom's delicious cooking.

but i think i understand that you don't eat meat (i eat it rarely), and you are allergic to milk/cream, so perhaps you wouldn't like this dish...

keep feeling better, and happy March/Marzo!

audrey

fromtheworld said...

I am getting better and better, but I should prepare my own lunch. Having lunch out, even if just a sandwich or a salad, often makes me sick.
I do eat meat, but I don't like pork and beef, so the kind of meat I eat is very little and not very often. My mom used to make lasagne with vegetables or with fish or with mushroom. They are all so so good!!!
New York has a lot of nice Italian places. Now there is even a cookie place where they make and sell cookies made with classical recipes from Tuscany.