Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Staring at........

France, evening

.........at the toilet. This is how I spent my last night.
I came back home feeling very sick and in a couple of hours it went from bad to worse. I don't know if I got an intestinal flu or if I got a food intoxication. The result is that I spent my day today between the bathroom and laying in bed.....very exciting.

I called the doctor, because I can't leave home, as I would need to bring the toilet with me. She told me to take some medicament and let it pass........that was my plan, but I am not a very patient person, especially when I don't feel well...and now I also have fever (probably my body reacting to what it is going on inside).......

Awful night. I didn't eat anything in all day. Now I am going to try with some soup made it only of a bit of rice, water and onion for flavor......let's see how it goes....

I am definitively a wreak....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as we say, 'what a drag!' sorry to hear you are not feeling well. this happened to me last summer, seemingly out of no where i got sick and it lasted for about 3 days. in the end i felt totally drained. and it took some days for me to get strong again.

i have since learned that baking soda helps. a spoonful stirred in water helps the stomach and other problems a lot lot!!

let us know how you are, hope you are better soon. it must be painful.

thinking of you,
~audrey

fromtheworld said...

I feel totally drained too. I hate being sick and this year between the tooth infection and this thing now, I truly feel like a wreak. It is not painful, just very annoying...

Today I feel a bit better so far. Maybe it helped that I slept 11 hours.

Thanks!