Sunday, July 13, 2008

The streets

France, morning

This morning I planned to sleep long, but I got wake up by a phone call at 9.30 am....change of plans then. In a week my sister will get married. Actually, in a week she will be already married....I think I will cry at the wedding. Maybe even before, probably as soon as I see her with the white dress.....I have easy tears.

Yesterday it rained here. Rare event, I would say. The weather is almost always beautiful here, sunny with a bit of wind. Perfect. Anyway, the rain was nice, even if I got home completely wet. But the rain is a problem here. I am not sure what the streets here are made of, but as soon as they are even just a little wet, you slide perfectly on it. Basically, to walk around you need some stable shoes (not summer sandals) and to be really careful, otherwise you will end up with your butt on the floor. By bike, the challenge is even higher, so yesterday I had a few risky moments on my way back home from the Uni. As soon as it rains, you feel like you are ice skiting on the street here.

Tomorrow is the "presa della bastiglia" day....sorry for the Italian, I have no idea of what this corresponds in English.

No comments: