Friday, March 14, 2008

flowers

Lucca (Italy), early afternoon

Sometimes I would like to have my computer with me while I doing random stuff. I biked downtown to buy some flowers for my mum this morning (it is her birthday). It was sunny, warm, a perfect day to spend time outside. I got the plants/flowers and put them in my bike basket and biked back home. The sun was shining, I had a nice chat with the woman of the flower shop, and the flowers looked nice in my basket. I started to think about all the times I saw people in Amsterdam biking back from the open markets with flowers (mainly tulips) in their bike baskets. I always loved that. It is one of these little things that I don't know why, but it makes me happy. The sun, a bike and the flowers in the bike basket. I would love to have my life somewhere where I could go to buy flowers during the week end, put them in my bike basket and bike back home...and maybe once at home, make a cake....It seems all so nice in my imagination.

No comments: