Tuesday, August 4, 2009

two months vacation

France, night

I am back to France. The good thing of just needing a computer to work is that I can work wherever I want. The bad thing of that is that I basically keep working all the time. In any case, I am back to France. I got back last night.

This morning I wanted a fresh baguette for breakfast. The closest bakery was closed. The next bakery was closet too. The grocery store where I buy fruits and vegetables was close too. I had to walk a long way before to find something open. At the supermarket where I normally go (the main one downtown), they will not have fresh fish for a month because they are in holidays.

I came back to France with a very annoying tooth pain. I called the dentist this morning. He is in holidays, he will be back at the end of August. The bakery near by will open again on August 20. They are in holidays since July 18. The following bakery will open again on August 29. The University is closed too. I need a permit to go to work there.

I never saw a country where things generally work and yet people are able to have about 2 months vacation, almost all at the same time of the year. How the country doesn't stop to run it is still a mystery to me. Everyone here really has to hope to not need anything urgent......I hope that my tooth pain will go away soon.......

No comments: