Thursday, August 20, 2009

My head and the planes

France, afternoon

I still have to have lunch today. It is so hot that I could fry an egg on my head....I am surprised that I don't see smoke coming out of my ears yet.

I got back from Germany. By the end of my first day there, I started to like the place where I was. Nice people, a lot of green spaces, clean, cheap and good food (I managed to also get something without any milk product!!!)....so, not bad overall.

I don't think I will get the job...unfortunately...they were looking for someone like me but also with more experience in another field...and they also got a lot of good candidates for the position...we will see...

Anyway, I got back by plane. The plane trip cost me more than going to Thailand probably and back. Europe in the summer...crazy expensive! I was also so lucky that I had to spend 6 hours at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to wait for my connection. CDG airport is probably one of the worst big airport of the world....badly designed, uncomfortable chairs, not enough things to do.....By the end of the second hours there I was getting in the status of mind of leaving and probably losing my suitcase and got on a train to get back home...Fortunately I had a good book with me and so at the end I made it.

At the interview they asked me if I was married. I got very uncomfortable with such a personal question....but after that, as I new other people there and they also knew the olandesino, they asked me how he was doing....Delicate topic. I am still not able to talk about it, and just a simple question makes me get tears in my eyes and of course when you are among colleagues, you don't want to look over-sensitive....pfffffffffffffffffff......

Today I am in a day of total frenzy to avoid to think.....

So, I got back by plane and I managed to hit my head badly in parts of the planes multiple times. I don't know if this happens frequently also to other people. But for how much I like planes and flying (and I do like both things a lot), my head can always find some extremities on which to bump into very strongly. Yesterday was not so bad. But I should learn to be more carefull, after that I already experienced a bad head concussion for a similar accident on my way back from South Africa some years ago.

Because of the concussion, not only I had terrible headake and problems with body balance, but I also had days of bad nausea. I got quite scared. I had to spend a few days in bed, without any kind of stress. Of course that was not my first head concussion and it will be not probably the last one. It seems that I have a great talent in badly bumping my head against walls, plane parts, and any solid structure that happens to cross my way............

Maybe this can explain why lately I can't remember things anymore and I feel that my intelligence is rapidly decreasing :-(

No comments: