Wednesday, July 29, 2009

mentally somewhere else

Italy, night

After days spent swimming, working, reading a lot of books (I love the books of Carofiglio, I hope he will write more of them), listening to concerts, re-thinking about my life, having to live with a lot of mood swings, tonight I decided to write a short post, just in the case that someone who follows my blog starts to wonder if I am still alive.

Yes, I am still alive. I am not mentally in a blogging mood. I am more in a writing "old fashion diary" mood, but I don't have too much time for that either.

Just briefly:

I saw the last Harry Potter movie. I was a bit disappointed by it.
I listened to a concert of Moby. I loved it and danced a lot. I didn't see the concert, as I didn't want to buy the ticket, but I listened to it very well just standing outside the area limited to the concert. I enjoyed a lot.
I went to the concert of the Buena Vista Social Club last night. Great atmosphere. It was in my favorite square in Lucca, Piazza dell'Anfiteatro. The ticket was extremely cheap (only 10 euros), the music was great, I danced a lot and I enjoyed any minute of it.

I will soon have to come back to France and even if I love living there, here I feel home and I will miss it.
I will have a job interview for a possibly permanent job in August. My life is so upside down right now that even if I strongly hope that they will offer me the job, so that I can decide about it, I also feel that I should take the break that I keep postponing from the beginning of this year and for which it is never the good moment.

What else? ah, yes, I think too much...sometimes I wish I could just live without thinking so much....

2 comments:

Piccola said...

I can empathize with being mentally somewhere else. I seem to be somewhere else on a daily basis. I am sure you know where that is! I saw Harry Potter this weekend and while it was good, I felt like the ending was a bit anticlimactic. I guess we'll have to wait another year...
Enjoy your time with your family!

fromtheworld said...

I can imagine where you mentally are :-) Hopefully you will also be there soon!!!
Did you read the Harry Potter book before to see that movie? did you think that it was similar to the book? I loved the book, this is why I found the movie not as good as the book. Enjoyable, but not as good as I was hoping.