Friday, July 24, 2009

My ideal daily escape

Italy, morning

Last time I had some holidays, some real holidays, meaning some full days in a row without working, without checking emails, without thinking about work, it was June 2006. I went to Lanzarote with the olandesino and I loved everything of it: the place, the holidays, being there with the olandesino.

So, last time I had some days of relax one after the other was three years ago. After that, the instability of my job and the large amount of work things that I had and have to do to make sure to keep having some kind of job made impossible any kind of relaxing fairly long (which means at least a week) holidays.

Not being able to have that, I am now enjoying and fully absorb any sunday or any single moment or half day in which I don't have to work. It is not the same of course, but it helps to not get completely crazy. In these days that I am in Italy, working from morning to evening, I try to make sure that every day I have at least an hour to go to the outdoor swimming pool or to read a good book (I love the books of Carofiglio), or to chat with my friends or to go to the sea. It makes a difference in my day and it gives me the energy to face the next day of crazy work again....

I wish I could take a holidays again in South Africa. I often think about when we were there, the olandesino and I. I loved it. Some areas are very dangerous, but the ones that are not, are just simply amazing.

No comments: