Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loss of language

Italy, afternoon

I love being in Italy and spend some weeks here. However, while my permanence in my home country can be considered positive for my mood, the same is also extremely dangerous for my capacity to correctly speak or remember any kind of foreign language....

I just realized that in the last days I wrote some horrible English emails for work...... :-(

Every time I come back to Italy my brain basically switches off and goes in saving energy mode (which means it can do much more than allowing me to eat, gossip, chat, sleep and trying to relax)...which is not ideal when you are "in transfer" and still have to work a lot....

PS. The new Harry Potter movie came out yesterday. I still didn't see it....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about it!

No comments: