Friday, May 13, 2011

6m3, 8 m3, 12 m3........

The fun of moving again......
calling it fun is being sarcastic.
I have been to the tax office this morning to know if all the incredible amount of money that I paid for the retirement and unemployment during the three years I worked (and still work) here will be lost or if it can be transferred within Europe in any possible way and what I should do.

.....anyone who will tell me that bureaucracy in Italy is worst than here in the South of France, should experience living and working here for at least one year.....

I waited in line (because none was answering to the phone any time I tried to call) to talk to someone for 40 minutes to just hear two things: why didn't you call (right....why didn't I.....doh......) and sorry I have no clue what are the two different offices where you can get these info....

So, this is one of the things I have to sort out before the end of June when everyone will take their two months holidays and therefore will be impossible to find anyone or do anything or have any answer before September.

Next thing is to find a company to move my stuff between here and Portugal. Every time I move I waste so much money. And I hate waste. I am not going to sell the few things I have here to buy them again there. I am not going to leave my books behind.....so, at the end I will not have many things to transport (as I am also living in a furnished apartment and I didn't buy too many additional furniture), but I can't just move with a couple of bags...it just wouldn't be enough for everything. My idea and what I would have liked it was to make this new change in my life less dramatic and take the occasion for a road trip with my stuff between the two places. Of course, it is a long trip and I am a disaster in driving, so I have asked to my mom and to my friend in Italy to come with me.....but none of the two liked the idea for different reasons....so I am stuck to the start point again.
I went online to look for companies that would help me with moving my stuff. And for the same exact objects to move, three different companies considered three different volumes of stuff to move and gave me three quite different estimates (all quite expensive). In any case, it is apparently too early to ask.....I will have to do it one month before the expected moving (should I recontact them in the middle of August????)....and the same goes for the apartment.

I would have found a very, very nice place, close to the sea, with a balcony, perfect locations. Very nice, definitively. The rent was a bit more than what I would like to pay, but still....a very good thing. Too early to contact them now if I only plan to start renting in the fall......

.........should I do everything at the last minute then???? just because I will not be already stressed enough........and of course....as my project at work keeps going nowhere (and this since a year and a half now), I can already see myself organizing all these things PLUS having to finish my entire project in September all at the same time.....

It is going to be so much fun.
I already enjoy the idea of all this together immensely.

No comments: