Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On my way to Paris

France, morning

I am on my way to Paris. I will take the TGV, the fast train, from here to Paris in a couple of hours.

My feelings for Paris are growing slowly. I have never been crazy about Paris until I started to have to go there already a few times for work. Then I met some friends and we found some nice cafe' and places to see and to try. I don't think that Paris is good for me as a tourist. Too expensive, too much. But then when you know someone, when you start to get familiar with the little cute corners here and there, then it hits you....at least, it did it with me.

So, I will be there just for a quick working stay, but tomorrow I plan to meet with a friend and go together for an early dinner in a part of the town that I don't know yet. This is the thing of Paris, you can always find something new and nice to discover.

I should definitively travel more here in France, since I live here....I saw so little of this country so far....

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

That's how I felt before I moved to Portland...it wasn't just a city anymore because I discovered new parts to it.
I want to go to Paris someday *sigh*. Enjoy your time there!

fromtheworld said...

I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day about flight price to go from Paris to Portland. He has to come to Portland for work this summer and apparently the flights are not cheap, even if you buy the ticket much in advance.....but I think both cities are worth to be seen!