Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On the move again

Paris, Amsterdam, and then Portugal. All this in less than two weeks. A lot of traveling. I have many train and plane tickets around....

I am so happy to go back to Amsterdam for a few days....I can't remember last time I was there....too long ago for sure.

A lot, maybe too much is going on in my life around now. I feel a bit lost....I guess....difficult to say, I don't have too much time to think about how I feel. I just know that there is so much going on that just a few days ago I felt overwhelmed by all this and my always-there desire to run away from everything was fairly strong. I recognize the symptoms...and when this happens, it normally means that I need a break because I feel all over the places and nowhere at the same time.

A friend of mine went trough a similar life change last year and now she is using any occasion she has to just explore the world, travel, don't ask herself too many questions and just live. I think that sometimes, often, in my case I am buried by responsibilities. I wish I could be scuba diving again in Florida right now. Or in the tropics. Or somewhere else where I can be underwater, isolated from the upside world to unplug and re-boot for a while......

of course, having so many things to do and so many trips ahead, I can't really do that now...

2 comments:

girl daydreaming said...

Paris, Amsterdam, and Portugal... sounds nice. How are you? I hope you are well and finding peace.

I get overwhelmed sometimes (often really:) reading and writing helps me... relaxes me.

Wishing you well and hoping your travels takes your mind off things. Travel forces us to focus on what's at hand in the moment...

fromtheworld said...

The best way for me to get in touch with myself is taking a long train ride. The one to go to Amsterdam was very good. And I had a great, wonderful time in Holland. I love Holland.
Thanks for all the nice wishes. I wish you the same!