Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cheer up mood

Italy, evening

When I am not in my best mood there are two things that work perfectly to cheer me up. One is "doing a bit of boarding", which means standing trying to keep the balance on a wood board, like you would do if you were surfing. This is so challenging that makes me forgetting for a minute about my worries or anything that made me sad.

The other thing of course, as I wrote it hundred of times probably (if not more), is dancing like crazy. What I am doing is not actually a real dance, it is more of a mixture of jumping around with the music pumping in my hears like crazy (no worries for the neighbors, I normally use my IPod, maybe worry for my hears...) with here and there some dance moves. I dance so fast and so much in a crazy way, that again, I have no time to think.....

I suggest one of these two therapies to anyone who is a bit down.

And even if I don't like Britney Spears, Womanizer is great for shaking my butt like crazy....

4 comments:

Portlandier said...

I might have to try that!

fromtheworld said...

The dancing like crazy or the "boarding" (I am not sure this term is correct, but since I am using a board for that...)? for the dancing like crazy the point is just to shake as much as you can, like crazy exactly. Of course, I normally do it when I am home alone...I am not sure how I would look to other people in these moments....

Anonymous said...

funny, i recently just started dancing in the house because it feels good.

i came across your blog by chance. i was looking for information about the french stories of 'mondo.'

i was really touched by your honesty. it is inspiring because it reminds us that we all have frustrations and sadness in life.
if we all were more honest, i think it would be a help.

you have accomplished a lot! keep going...

sorry to be anonymous, i haven't a blog. hope it's ok to stop by again.

audrey,
nyc, afternoon :)

have a nice weekend.

fromtheworld said...

Anonymous (Audrey), thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Writing helps me a lot to get going, and it is especially helpful for me to share my experience with others when I am down or when I am stuck thinking about the same things over and over. I am not sure if I have accomplished a lot, but for sure I enjoy writing and sharing life experiences. So, I will be happy for any time you will find the time to read here and leave a comment!!! Enjoy NYC (I was just thinking about it tonight) and have a nice we too.