Saturday, January 30, 2010

A tea and a chat

France, afternoon

After surviving a snow storm in Germany (I got back on thursday from Frankfurt) and getting back home in France, I got a bit of homesick feeling, after almost a month spent in Italy with family and close friends.

So today, before going food shopping and to Ikea, I sent a sms to a friend if she wanted to meet for a tea and to catch up. We met and sat in the sun at a cafe', drinking tea and chatting for hours, till it got too cold to stay outside. It was nice and it made me feel a connection with here again. She is quite different than me, but she is very open mind and she has traveled around the world because of her work (and lived in many different places) like me, so in some way, it was easier for me to bond with her than with other people I met since I moved here. I like to be alone and I am very independent. I don't mind doing my things and doing things I like alone. But sometimes I really need a contact with the outside world that goes beyond the "bonjour" or "bonsoir" that I can say to the lady at the cash-register when I go food shopping. Drinking tea with a friend for me is relaxing, highly enjoyable, and therapeutic when I start to feel a bit blue.......

People to whom you can connect to make a very big difference in my life when I move to a new place. They can make a difference between having a crap time where I am or enjoying the place where I get to live. So, I am very happy that I have met her a few months ago.

P.S. Yesterday I went again for a tea and a chat with a kind of family relative who lives here and I didn't manage to meet in a long time. Again, it was very nice and very enjoyable. And I tried a very good green tea. It had ginger in there....very good!!! I am not a tea-freak, not a tea-connoisseur, but I like tea (including herbal tea) a lot and I like to try different tea types. Today I just got a plain Jasmine tea.

No comments: