Saturday, February 4, 2012

Portugal- always waiting for a technician

Saturday morning.
It was so warm and nice in my bed that I didn't want to get out of it.
But I have a technician coming to my place this morning.
Why?
Because I rented this place at the beginning of December 2011 and I still have problems with finding water on the kitchen floor.....I had to apply a scientific method to find out from where the water comes from, how often and how much. Now that I tackled down the source of the problem (the same that it was repaired over a month ago....how did they repair it???), I have to push my landlord to actually do something to fix it.
It is not pleasant to wake up every morning before 7am to go to work and have to dry out the floor because of the water. It is even more unpleasant when I have to get out of bed in a very cold morning, because old Portuguese houses don't have heating systems, and the first thing I see is a pool of water on the floor.......

Lately, often on saturday morning I have someone coming to just see what to do to fix some problems in the apartment. It is very funny the proceeding adopted here when there is a problem to fix: we look at it, we discuss about it for a couple of days or even weeks, then the landlord sends someone who try to fix the thing but apparently don't fully fix it, and after three days the problem is there again and we start over with the whole thing.

Patience, patience, patience....

No comments: