Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yogurt-lemon cake

If you are looking for a perfect breakfast-tea/coffee break time cake, try this yogurt-lemon cake. I just tried it (and this time I made sure to not forget to add baking powder to the recipe)! I just had two slices of it with a cup of coffee!

One thing. If you have problems with cow-milk like I do, but you can have no-fat plain yogurt, then this cake is for you (I used no-fat Greek-yogurt for this recipe). However, it does contain milk, as one of its main component is yogurt.

Recipe:

- 350 gr of flour
- 8 gr of baking powder (for this cake I used self-raising flour, so I didn't add again the baking powder)
- 80 ml olive oil
- 425 gr of Greek-yogurt
- 120 gr of sugar
- 2 and 1/2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- a small pinch of salt
- a small pinch of vanilla extract

Mix the yogurt with the eggs, a bit of grated lemon skin, and the juice of the two and half lemons. Mix well and add the oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, and slowly all the flour. Grease a cake pot, pour the mixture in it, and bake at 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick when it is ready.

Done! ready to enjoy it!

PS. I am not too happy after all with this cake......my mom tried too and she was not too enthusiastic either....if you know a better recipe let me know...

No comments: