Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is the life I like

Italy, afternoon

Last night I went to Florence to see the new show of the MOMIX, Bothanica. I consider the MOMIX my personal way to be brought to another dimension. A dimension of dream and lightness. I love to see their shows and I was very happy to be there yesterday.

My life is not in Italy, and I enjoy my life in France and the people that I consider my friends there. But being in Italy, with my family and my old time friends is all another story. I love the city where I come from and even if for sure I am highly biased on this, I think that it is one of the most wonderful cities in the world, as a city and especially as a location: close to the sea, close to the mountains.

I got here on saturday and since then I spent a lot of time with friends and family. Two friends from Spain stayed at my mom's place (my mom is a great host), and we went for dinner (and there was another old time friend of mine), we hiked under a pouring rain (and at that time we were 10, with people coming from Spain, Germany, and Hungary), and then we had dinner again together at my mom's place. A dinner with family and close friends, with a lot of laughs, jokes and good time. I can't say that I am unhappy in France. But nothing can replace how happy I can be when I come back to Italy and I manage to spend some time outside here in company of some of the people I consider part of my family and my family itself. It is just always too short. But this is how it should be a good life!

No comments: