Friday, October 16, 2009

The giant moth

France, night

I like animals. I love animals, actually. Well, of course, not all of them. But most of them.
A giant super-sized moth flu into my apartment tonight. I was on my couch, getting in the mood of going to bed when I started to hear this sound like if an electric plane was flying in my apartment.
It wasn't an electric plane, it was an undescribed object of unclear origin.

After visualizing myself sleeping with that object falling on me during my deep sleep, I decided to declare a war to it. Uncaring of the freezing cold, I opened all the windows and the door hoping that it would flu away. Of course, it didn't. It was warm inside the apartment, cozy, with some light and a nice atmosphere. I truly strongly hoped that a super-sized gecko would walk into my apartment too and eat that. But it is definitively too cold for geckos now.

So, it was just me and the monster. A quite beautiful monster to be honest. But a beautiful giant monster that I didn't want to have flying around my head while sleeping. I got the broom and started to run around following the animal....without success, except making it flying much faster and in a much more in a crazy random way, and making myself having some healthy gymnastic.

It got also very close to hit my cup of tea in the crazy ran. I couldn't tolerate the possible vision of the beautiful giant swimming in my tea. So, I got a couple of neurons in my brain to work and I switched on the lights closer to one the window. And then, like if I was playing baseball and getting warm with my bat, I directed the monster toward the window. Instead of flying, the tired animal decided to just sit on the broom....which worked out anyway for me, as I deposited it outside my apartment.

Now, I changed my cup of tea (you never know what it dropped in it). I will sip a bit of that and hopefully have a restful night of good sleep!

No comments: