Sunday, October 25, 2009

cookies with almond flour

France, afternoon

I am a disaster in cooking. I guess that anyone reading this blog knows this. But, I am pretty good in making cookies, pies, cakes. And because we are in autumn and because it is not so hot anymore and because it is just nice to be at home on the week end with a cup of tea and some cookies, and because I love the small of cooking cookies, I decided to try a new recipe and make some cookies for myself.

They are still in the oven, so I can't say anything about the result, but so far the smell is very very good....I am making some coffee to try them with it as soon as they are ready.

I leave the recipe here if someone else wants to try it (and maybe also give me some advice on how to improve it, to change it):

Ingredients:
200 gr normal flour
300 gr. almond flour
200 gr. sugar
250 gr. butter or margarine
3 eggs
10 gr. baking powder

Prepare the oven at 180C. Melt the margarine in a pot and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and let the dough rest for 30 min. Put some flour and some margarine on a cooking tray on which to put the cookies to cook. Since the dough is pretty sticky and since I don't have any nice shape for the cookies, I just spooned a bit of dough on the cooking tray. Let them cook in the oven until they start to get a golden color. Take them out and leave it out for a bit before to eat them.

I know, the description doesn't sound very professional. I just got the first cookies out of the oven...they look a bit like in the shape of a madeline, but they seem quite good...I am going to try them in a bit...

PS. I just tried the cookies...they are VERY GOOD!!! Gnamm!!!

2 comments:

Piccola said...

You are a baker like me! I also prefer baking to cooking and I agree that the smell of cookies, breads or cakes baking in the oven is so wonderful. To me it makes a house (or in this case an apartment) feel like a home. Usually around Xmas I bake so many different kinds of cookies but this year I am hoping to learn some things when I am in Italy :-) so I will refrain from my usual bake-a-thon this year.
I was talking with a friend about baking with almond flour since it adds protein, so now you have inspired me! I will try!
Your cookies sound yummy!

fromtheworld said...

I brought the cookies to the office and they liked them a lot! I think they are good with coffee or with tea. At least that is the way I like it. I also made banana muffins with almond flour once. They were very good. I should write down the recipe here.
You are getting close to your trip to Italy. I guess that you are very excited about it!