Monday, August 13, 2012

My little corner of paradise

I had a very bad, with a very down mood day today.
It would have been even worst for sure if it is not that I live in a fantastic place.

Yes, I still have a pond on my kitchen floor every time it rains hard.
Yes, I still have problems at work and no close friends.

Yet, I love being here. I love living here.

Yesterday I went to the farmers market, just near my place. And not to a fancy farmers market, where things are double the price than at the supermarket. This is a real farmers market. With people who actually clearly cultivate their products. People who sell only seasonal products. A farmers market where I could get tomatoes that still taste like tomatoes and not just like a water bomb, where I can get many many lemons for 25 cents, where I can get cucumbers that taste like something.......

I love it.

And then yesterday I went for a long walk on the beach. I saw the little birds playing with the waves, I saw all the seagrasses on the shore, and I enjoy the feeling of the sand under my feet....and today I went running. First I tried on the sand, and my heart was pounding like crazy and I was out of breath after two minutes, but then I continued running along the beach and then I did stretching in front of the sea, on the evening light....and my mood got much better and I felt in love for this place.

And at the end I also saw shooting stars from the beach!!! Isn't it great?

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

What town are you in? It sounds very peaceful.

I love that you have a "real" farmers market. Our farmers markets in the city are more than buying organic vegetables and fruit at a grocery store and a loaf of fresh bread is at least 4 to 5 dollars.I love buying fresh but it is many times too expensive. I wish we had your farmers market here!

fromtheworld said...

It is not a town :-) it is a small fishing village near Porto. Definitively very lovely.
In Montpellier (France) were I was before, we had a similar situation with the farmers market...because it was organic and things tasted better, it was also pricey...so at the end I couldn't afford buying there too often. Here instead, the farmers market is better and I save money!