Thursday, December 8, 2011

..and life keeps going on...

I couldn't have believed this if someone would have told me.
I couldn't even imagine it.

A month and a half ago I left Montpellier crying to move to Portugal. I spent a week there before leaving for Costa Rica and then another week there before coming back to Montpellier for a few weeks. And I miss there already. I was sad to leave Portugal and I didn't feel I was coming back to a familiar place by arriving here in Montpellier, where I am now. Of course, I am happy to see my friends here, but it doesn't feel like I have been living here for three years. And I liked here. I just think to like Portugal more. I just feel that I could maybe be even happier in Portugal than here. Of course, everything seems so good in Portugal that I am scared....it can't keep being so good all the time...can it??? it would be too good....

Yes, I have a problem with my apartment and the day I left there I woke up to find my kitchen full of water on the floor. Yes, I am not settled there fully. But still. I like there. I love to be on the Ocean...it reminds me of a very very small version of Ocean Beach in San Francisco. I love the food. People are nice. People at work seem nice. Yes, the economy there falls apart....and still, I am optimist.

It feels so weird.....a month and a half ago I felt like I wanted to keep my life here in Montpellier and now that I am back to Montpellier for a few weeks, I don't feel any specific attachment to this place, except the attachment to a few people who live here.

Maybe I move so much from one place to the other, that my body automatically learned to adapt to a new place and make a life where I am living at the moment. I still think that it is very weird. It never happened so fast. Beginnings have always been very difficult for me.

Anyway, I am slowly back to blogging...I have to write down something about Costa Rica too...

No comments: