Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book club

I have never been part of a group club. I have never participate to any meeting of a book club before, but I have always liked the idea.

I love books.

And I love to discover new things, including new writers, new book.

And I like the idea of sharing thoughts about a book with a few other people.

I don't know why I have never managed to participate to at least to one book club meeting. In any case, today I walked in to the English book store as I wanted to sell some books and I got hooked with this thing of the book club. They meet once a month, so it is not a big commitment for someone who travels all the time like me. I think I can make it once a month (except if I am traveling exactly at the time of the meeting). So, I got the book to read for the next book club meeting. I have never heard of this author (who apparently instead is quite well known), but the story sounded very interesting to me.....

The book to read is from C. McCann and the title of the book is "Let the great world spin"

I hope that the book club will be a nice experience and that I will meet some nice people there.

Ah, plus point. The book club discussion will be in English!!! so refreshing!

No comments: