Saturday, October 18, 2008

L'eleganza del riccio

France, afternoon

I am enjoying my coffee and reading a book, listening to some music as a background. This is one of the moments I enjoy most. Coffee with soja milk, a good book and some good music. A lot of things I love, all together.
Anyway, I heard a lot about this book "L'eleganza del riccio" of Muriel Barbery (l'elegance du herisson in French, The elegance of the hedgehog in English) and I am not sure if I like the book or not yet, but for sure I enjoy reading it and I love the teenager, one of the two main characters of the book. I warmly suggest to everyone to read it.

Ok, now I gotta stop to go for the facial....

4 comments:

Piccola said...

I looked at the review for your book on amazon.com. It looks interesting. I'm going to put it on my wishlist of books on amazon. I'm reading a series of books called the Twilight series. I just finished the 3rd book last night and I will start the 4th tonight, called New Dawn. The main character is a teenager too, in love with a vampire. It's a fun read. Ah, to be young again!
It's nice to bury yourself in a book and escape sometimes, no?

fromtheworld said...

I love reading so much. I can completely isolate myself and just enjoying my book. Of course, it depends on the book. This one is great. Last night I came back from a movie and I just wanted to read a few pages, but I couldn't stop. I read for an hour. Is the book series that you are reading on the style of Harry Potter? I loved Harry Potter.

Piccola said...

Well, they are calling the author of the Twilight series, Stephenie Meyer, the American J.K. Rowlings, but the Harry Potter series, in my opinion is different. There is a cult following for these books. I was surprised that there are even websites from Italy fo these books.

fromtheworld said...

so, maybe I should get the first book and see if I like it. The good thing is that there is an English book store here!
Thanks for the advice, I will write the author down.