Saturday, September 6, 2008

phone company

France, morning

11.38. My home bell just rang. It is Jean. Jean who? Jean of the phone company. But I don't know any Jean of any phone company. Yes, I have been at your place for your phone. No, my phone is fine, none called Jean has never been in my apartment. You don't remember, but I am Jean, you know me.

Moment of silence. Do I really know him? I am sure that none called Jean never entered in my apartment. But do I know someone called Jean? Is he someone who is supposed to come to fix some of the 3000 things that still need to be fixed in the apartment?

He got annoyed because I didn't open the door and because I insisted that I didn't know him and he never been to my place. I guess he left. Maybe he just confused me with someone else. But my name is not easy to confuse. Anyway, he left. But every time something like this happens here, in this place where there are so many weird people, I just get really nervous.

No comments: